Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Motivational Monday

So all in all it was a nutty week around here. I was out of town Wednesday - Friday so we all know what that means. I was eating out and not doing it well. It also meant there was no working out to be had. So, I was expecting some pretty awful results when I weighed in tonight. Boy, was I surprised to find out I'm only up 1.2lbs. Maybe we are seeing some progress in metabolism??? One can only hope.

When I was in Calgary for teacher's convention I was lucky enough to get to go listen to a real Canadian hero, women's hockey gold medalist, Cassie Campbell. She was talking to us about how to be an effective leader. Using the experiences of an athlete fighting for her sport as an example. It was a really great talk.

She showed this video to start it off. I have seen it many times and it always feels me with an amazing sense of pride and brings tears to my eyes. I figure it was fitting today since I am finally starting to believe that maybe, just maybe, I can do this:



2 comments:

  1. YAY for the lower-than-expected gain! And I looooove that video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the video it makes you feel so good

    ReplyDelete