Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fix You

Let me start out by saying that I hope I never know what it is like to have my children suffer something serious. I don't know how parents survive stuff like that. Little things that you cannot fix as a parent are hard enough.

Tonight, my baby girl was asleep on my chest at 6pm. That NEVER happens. She has woken up the past few mornings a little stuffy but looking ok. By the time I get off of work, she has a fever and her eyes are so puffy and watery she can barely keep them open. Yesterday she fought very hard to stay awake until bedtime. Today, I brought her home and she was very quiet. Definitely not her usual chatty self.

There were two things she was adamant about. "Up," she ordered me. I couldn't snuggle with her on the couch. I had to stand. Ok. "Walk." For my sick baby girl whose swollen eyes and runny nose are hurting my heart because she is miserable and I want to fix it. This seems a small thing I can do. So, we walk. Around and around the living room....around and around the kitchen island. When Cam came home I got a small break while she said hello, and then she let me sit with her on the couch...with one condition, "Bounce." So, we cuddled up and I bounced my leg gently rocking her against my chest. Not 10 minutes later she was out.

Sleep pretty baby. Please get well.

1 comment: