Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Potty Training

I don't wanna...It's time consuming, messy and time consuming...oh and messy.

Have I mentioned I don't want to? Oh, I have? Ok.

Kaia is starting to get more and more interested in potty training. This morning for example she insisted on wearing underwear from 8 until 11. She sat on the potty a half a dozen times but only succeeded in peeing and pooping (once each) in her pants. Ugh. YUCK. At 11 it had been about an hour since I last got her to agree to try sitting on the potty (have I mentioned she is stubborn?) and she insisted in putting a diaper on after finally trying and not succeeding. So I put one on her. I'm not really sure if it is worth pushing or not. She really only does things on her own terms and I'm worried if I push, she will dig in her heels. I guess she's only two... I still have time... some...

Any tips and tricks you want to share with me?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I despise potty training... however, once you get to the other side, it will be glorious. The best advice I can give is to be consistent- set the timer and have her try to go every 1/2 hour or so. Not sure if you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch but there are also potty training apps available...

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete